Treatment options can differ based on the cause of the knee pain. In addition, knee treatment cost in India is determined by the kind of treatment you get, which include:
Your doctor may prescribe drugs to alleviate pain and treat the underlying conditions causing your knee pain, such as rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
It would be more stable if you strengthen the muscles around your knee. Depending on the cause of the discomfort, your doctor can prescribe physical therapy or various forms of strengthening exercises.
If you are physically active or participate in sports, in that case, you may need exercises to correct movement patterns impacting your knees and develop proper technique when participating in your sport or action. Activities that increase stability and equilibrium are also beneficial.
Arch braces, which may have wedges on one side of the heel, may help move pressure away from the osteoarthritis-affected knee. Different forms of braces can be used to secure and stabilise the knee joint under certain circumstances.
Your doctor may recommend injecting drugs or other substances directly into your joint in some cases. Here are the examples:
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroid injections into your knee joint can help reduce the effects of an arthritis flare and provide pain relief for a few months. But these injections aren't always successful.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is a dense solution pumped into the knee to increase mobility and relieve discomfort. It's equivalent to the fluid that usually lubricates joints. While research findings on the efficacy of this therapy have been inconsistent, relief from one or a series of shots will last up to six months.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): Various growth factors are concentrated in PRP, suppressing inflammation and facilitating healing. PRP has been shown to help some people with osteoarthritis in specific trials, although further research is required.
If you have an illness that could need surgery, you must consider the advantages and disadvantages of both nonsurgical recovery and surgical restoration before making a choice. You have the following options if you want to have surgery:
- Arthroscopic surgery: Your doctor will be able to examine and treat joint damage using a fibre-optic camera and small, slender needles inserted through a few slight incisions around the body, depending on the severity of the injuries. Arthroscopy can be used to remove foreign bodies from your knee joint, remove or restore weakened cartilage (especially if it's causing your knee to lock), and repair torn ligaments.
- Partial knee replacement surgery: Your surgeon repairs only the most injured section of the knee with metal and plastic sections in this operation. Since minor incisions are normally made, you'll recover faster than if you had had surgery to repair your entire knee.
- Total knee replacement: Your surgeon removes broken bone and cartilage from your thigh bone, shinbone, and knee cap and replaces it with an artificial joint consisting of metal alloys, high-grade plastics, and polymers during this operation.
The knee surgery price in India is wrongly subject to criticism as it needs specialists to perform the procedure. It is believed to be costly while, in fact, it is priced depending on various factors such as the patient condition, location, doctor fees, among others. Various other factors govern the knee surgery price in India, and for cost-effective treatment, you may visit Dr Aditya Sai.