Best Sports Injury Specialist in Mumbai
Consult The Best Sports Injury Specialist In Mumbai
Dr. Aditya Sai
MS, DNB (Orthopaedics)
Why Choose Dr. Aditya Sai?
Meet Our Doctor
Consultant Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Aditya Sai
MS, DNB (Orthopaedics)
Dr. Aditya Sai is a consultant in Orthopaedics specializing in Shoulder Surgery, Knee and Hip arthroscopy & Joint preservation Dr. Aditya has been trained in the best of the institutes in India as well as globally, with his MBBS from the Madras Medical College and MS in Orthopedics from Seth GS Medical College & KEM hospital, both amongst the top institutes in the country. He has undergone training in Hip arthroscopy and Joint preservation from the USA.
To Book Appointment Call
What Patients Say About Dr. Aditya Sai
Why Choose Us?
Dr. Aditya Sai is a renowned surgical orthopedic doctor practising in Mumbai. He has 15+ years of experience, with 10+ years of specialization in Shoulder Surgery, Knee & Hip Arthroscopy And Joint Preservation.
Types Of Treatments Offered By Dr. Aditya Sai
Dr. Aditya specializes in problems of shoulder, hip and knee. These are the following types of treatments that the doctor provides.
The Role of Sports Injury Specialists
Sports injury specialists are medical doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of injuries related to sports, exercises, or physical activities.
A sports injury specialist has the following roles and responsibilities:
- Diagnosis of physical injuries in athletes, such as fractures, concussions, and sprains
- Recommendation of diagnostic tests to help in accurate diagnosis
- Making a treatment plan for athletes depending on the diagnosis
- Working alongside a physiotherapist to make rehabilitation plans for athletes who are recovering
- Working with a fitness instructor to make exercise regimens for athletes
- Collaborating with a dietitian or nutritionist to make a nutritional plan
- Providing necessary medications to athletes
- Deciding on when an athlete can resume sporting activities after recovery
Why Mumbai for Sports Injury Treatment?
Mumbai is considered to be one of the best and most popular cities in India for the treatment of sports injuries.
There are several reasons why one must consider undergoing sports injury treatment in Mumbai. These reasons include the following:
- World-class healthcare facilities
- Well-equipped, reputed hospitals
- Experienced and skilled sports injury specialists
- Availability of advanced diagnostic technologies
- Availability of modern treatment equipment
- Good healthcare support team
Qualities of a Top Sports Injury Specialist
A good sports injury specialist needs to have certain attributes to be able to provide quality treatment with satisfactory results.
A top sports injury specialist needs to have the following qualities:
- Compassionate: Patients usually respond to treatment better if the doctor understands their situation and is empathetic towards them.
- Good work ethic: A sports injury specialist may have to work for long hours and face different challenges every day. The doctor should have a good work ethic to face these challenges. It is also important to discuss the problem with the patient openly and set realistic expectations for the patient to avoid disappointment later on.
- Good communication skills: The doctor should be able to interact with the patient effectively to understand their problem and provide a treatment plan accordingly.
- Good social skills: The doctor must be able to handle people from all spheres of life properly irrespective of their age, sex, or culture.
- Knowledgeable: The doctor should have good knowledge of medicine and also stay updated regarding the current healthcare technology to provide effective treatment.
- Decision-making skills: The doctor should be able to take decisions quickly and accurately depending on the patient’s situation.
Training and expertise in sports injuries: The doctor should have good training and experience in handling sports-related injuries.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Sports Injury Specialist
Choosing the right sports injury specialist is an important step towards a healthy and active lifestyle.
Certain factors need to be considered while choosing the right sports injury specialist for your treatment. These factors include:
- Check the doctor’s credentials: Check the doctor’s degrees, certifications, and background. The doctor should have a board-certified degree to practice and should not have any malpractice claims.
- Ask for referrals: Ask your family physician, friends, or family for referral and feedback for a sports injury specialist.
- Check the doctor’s experience: A skilled and experienced doctor is more likely to provide successful treatment outcomes compared to an inexperienced doctor.
- Read patient reviews and feedback: You can check online for patient reviews and testimonials of patients who have undergone treatment with the same doctor in the past.
- Have a consultation appointment: Visit your doctor for a consultation to get all your queries answered. You can also get an idea of what to expect during treatment by interacting with the doctor and support staff.
- Assessment of comfort level: Choose a doctor with whom you can have discussions comfortably.
- Check for hospital or sports organization affiliations: Check the reputation of the hospital or healthcare center where the doctor practices. You can additionally check if the doctor is affiliated with a sports team or organization.
- Inquire about cost and insurance coverage: Ask the doctor about an estimated cost of diagnosis, treatments, and follow-up appointments. Choose a sports injury specialist who can take part in your insurance coverage plan to reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
Questions to Ask During the Consultation
You may consult a sports injury specialist to diagnose and treat an injury or know about methods to prevent them in the future.
There are certain important questions that you need to ask the sports injury specialist during your consultation visit to help achieve effective treatment and better results. The questions to ask the sports injury specialist during the consultation are:
- What are your credentials?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Have you treated similar injuries in the past?
- Which are the different types of sports injuries that you treat?
- What is the cause of my symptoms?
- What are my treatment options?
- What is the expected cost of my treatment?
- How soon can I see the treatment results?
- What can I expect during my recovery period?
- How do I prevent another injury in the future?
- Do I need to stop all physical activities if I am injured?
- How soon can I resume my sporting activities?
- Are there any potential risks of the treatment I am undergoing?
Preparing for Sports Injury Treatment
The sports injury specialist will recommend a few diagnostic tests to check the type of injury present and prepare a treatment plan accordingly. The preparatory diagnostic tests include the following:
- Physical examination: The doctor will physically examine the area and possibly test how the injured area is moving.
- Medical history: The doctor will inquire about how to injury occurred, what the patient did after the injury, the symptoms of the patient, and the general medical history of the patient.
- Imaging tests: Tests like X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, and MRI scans may be recommended to obtain clear images of the structures inside the body. This enables the doctor to diagnose and treat a particular sports injury properly.
The following preparation may be recommended by the doctor before the part undergoes treatment for sports injury based on the diagnosis of the condition:
- Follow the doctor’s instructions on how to care for the injury before undergoing treatment.
- Discuss your medical history with the doctor. Let the doctor know if you have any medical disorders or allergies.
- If you are taking any medicines, vitamins, or supplements, inform the doctor.
- The doctor may recommend stopping the intake of certain medications, like blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medicines, a few days before surgical treatment.
- If the treatment requires surgery, the doctor may recommend fasting for a couple of hours before surgery.
- Arrange for someone to take you home after the treatment.
- Arrange for some help at home to help you during your post-treatment recovery period.
Sports Injury Treatment Options
The type of treatment performed for sports injury will vary depending on the type and severity of injury present. The different sports injury treatment options include the following:
Treatment for Minor Sports Injury
If the sports injury is minor and does not show any major symptoms, the RICE method is used for treatment at home. This method usually helps in healing the injury involves:
The RICE method provides the best results when performed within 24 to 36 hours following an injury. It helps in reducing pain and swelling after the injury.
Major Sports Injury Treatments
Serious sports injuries can be treated based on the injury type and severity using the following treatment options:
- Immobilization using a cast, splint, sling, crutches, or other assisted medical devices
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Injections for reducing pain and swelling
- Surgery for correction of fractures, cartilage or tendon tears, or to repair a ligament
- Physiotherapy or rehabilitation to improve the strength and mobility of the injured body parts
Recovery and Rehabilitation
The patient needs to follow all the post-operative instructions provided by the doctor after sports injury treatment. This will ensure a comfortable and quick recovery. The recovery and rehabilitation steps following a sports injury treatment are as follows:
- Take adequate rest after treatment and allow the wound to heal before starting any physical activities.
- Start with physiotherapy sessions as soon as the doctor permits. The physiotherapist will guide you with the type of exercises you can perform and how you can gradually increase your exercises.
- Physiotherapy helps regain your muscle strength and restore the function of the injured area. Additionally, physiotherapy exercises will help reduce the risk of developing similar injuries in the future.
- Start with gentle exercises and gradually increase the range of motion in the treated area.
- Strengthening and stretching exercises can be increased as the pain decreases and movement in the treated area improves.
- Avoid strenuous exercises and putting any pressure on the treated area till healing is complete.
- The doctor and physiotherapist will let you know when you can resume your normal sporting activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
To Book Appointment Call